We provide this space as a venue for news, features, sports, commentary, and other informative content from local, regional, national and international sources. The Norwalk Reflector values visitor participation, but activity must conform to daily newspaper standards.
Comments should be thoughtful and must be civil and coherent. The comments are not our opinions and we do not take responsibility for information contained within them.
You cannot make posts (or create usernames) containing:
- Personal attacks (including: name calling, presumption of guilt or guilt by association, insensitivity or picking fights),
- Personal information,
- Remarks that discriminate based on age, race, religion, disability, etc,
- Remarks advocating illegal or violent actions,
- Libel and defamation,
- Profane, obscene, sexual or derogatory language,
- "SHOUTING" in capital letters with the exception of standard abbreviations and acronyms. (Posts predominantly or excessively in all caps are not permitted, even for emphasis.)
- Off-topic comments, and/or
- Lengthy excerpts from other websites.
Visitors are not permitted to post commercial promotions. Impersonations or other fraudulent activity will not be tolerated. Comments are subject to the same rules of libel as all other published material and are the sole responsibility of those posting.
Opinions and criticism regarding the newspaper's work must be constructive and not abusive. Personal attacks against the staff will not be permitted. Any criticism should relate specifically to the article in question. We will not allow comments to digress into discussions of policies, including references to comment removal, and blanket gripes.
Posts questioning whether an article is "news" or relevant to local audiences will be disallowed. If we post it, obviously we consider it to have value.
We do not screen the comments in advance, but we will be ready to review, as soon as possible, any comment you report as abusive and remove it, should it violate the guidelines outlined here. We may disable comments on content of a sensitive nature, or should comments get out of context to the conversation at hand.
Users who repeatedly violate these basic rules of common decency, may have their account, or features of their account, disabled or suspended.
We will not review, discuss or debate removal decisions with guests and all decisions are final.
This Comment Policy was last updated December 27, 2017.