There will be free food (no carry-outs) and fun. There will be free cider, doughnuts, coffee, hot chocolate and hot dogs.
Among the activities will be:
• Pumpkin decorating (pumpkins donated by Holthouse Farms).
• Butterfly life cycle (by Huron County Master Gardeners).
• Soil profile (by NRCS).
• Chili contest (judged by Huron County commissioners).
• Straw Maze & Pyramid (donated by Enterprise Hill Farm).
• Caramel Apples (by Huron SWCD).
• Health screening (by Fisher-Titus).
• Face painting and pumpkin tumbler (by Huron County Board of DD).
• Archery trailer and air rifle (by ODNR Division of Wildlife).
• Petting zoo (by New London FFA).
• Popcorn (by Erie Basin R.C.&D.).
• My plate pumpkin (by Fisher-Titus and Huron County Public Health).
The event collaborators are the Huron County Fair Board, Huron County Commissioners, South Central and New London FFA, Huron County Master Gardeners, Huron County Senior Ambassadors and the Huron County Board of DD.
For more information call Alisa Schaffer at 419-668-4113 ext. 3.