The three-day event, which is the creation of Terra State director of music, Mike Czeczele and Bass Gear Magazine editor in chief, Tom Bowlus, will offer two evening concerts.
The summit will offer attendees many different educational experiences in the form of master classes and clinics given by some of the most popular artists and professionals in the music industry today.
“The Summit will feature great learning opportunities for both musicians and non-musicians,” Czeczele said.
“This year we have created a special focus on Friday for high school students that is of no cost to them. Our Saturday night concert will be headlined by Altitudes + Attitude, the collaboration of Frank Bello of Anthrax and Dave Ellefson of Megadeath. You can’t miss that.”
Some of the presenting clinicians include:
• Chuck Rainey, a bass player who has recorded and toured with Steely Dan, the Jackson 5, Aretha Franklin, and many more, as well as played on over 20 gold albums, and John Anthony Martinez, drummer, who has recorded and performed with Faith Hill, Tonya Tucker, Kacey Musgraves and the Oak Ridge Boys have created a bass and drum duo called Rhythm Intensive. They will present several clinics over the three days on all aspects of rhythm and succeeding in the music industry.
• Kazuma Jinnouchi – composer of the audio for “halo” 4 and 5 video games, will discuss the methods used in creating audio for games.
• Frank Bello - bassist for the groundbreaking heavy metal band Anthrax and David Ellefson of Megadeth will be performing in their duo, Altitudes and Attitudes. They have just release a new CD and will be performing songs from it.
• Liberty DeVitto – Long-time drummer for Billy Joel.
• Christine Ohlman – Known as the Beehive Queen, long-time vocalist for the Saturday Night Live Band.
• Oskar Cartaya – Prolific bassist who has performed with Spyro Gyra, Herb Alpert, Jennifer Lopez, Ruben Blades, Tito Puente and Robbie Robertson.
• Sean Beeson – Composer, Producer and Pianist for video games, films, television and media.
• Sessions Panel – Expert musicians from all over the world will be featured Saturday on a seven-member panel to interact with attendees. Super Drummer Thomas Lang, Dom Famularo considered the Global Ambassador of drumming, plus other music and business professionals will be on the panel. A meet-and-greet will follow this session including book and CD signing.
The nightly concerts scheduled are:
Friday, April 5
• Stranger Than Fiction, from Fremont (Both event sponsors perform in this band.)
• Doug Johns Band
• Oskar Cartaya
Saturday, April 6
• The Chuck Rainey and John Anthony Martinez Duo
• My World featuring John Montalbano and Chris Munger
• Altitudes + Attitudes
The Summit will also feature an exhibitor area that is free to anyone.
“Exhibitors will be able to record professional quality demos in Terra State’s music studio for a fee,” Czeczele said. “It’s great to be able to bring this experience to Fremont and offer it free to students.
“The Summit is an opportunity for attendees to meet and talk with performing artists, music educators, sound technicians and recording producers. The goal is always to give an educational experience to anyone who is interested in a career in music.”
To register, purchase tickets, become an exhibitor, sponsor or learn more, visit midwestrhythmsummit.org