Council voted to borrow up to $30,000 from the CSX Fund to purchase a gate system for the campground. Members agreed to advertise for a seasonal campground employee to replace one who resigned.
A camper raised concerns about how vacant spaces are assigned and the condition of the grounds due to the weather. Supervisor Joe Thomas said plans are to tile the campground in the future and he and administrator Shawn Pickworth will meet with campers to discuss other issues.
The public is invited to hear a band on the grounds from 8 to 10:30 p.m. May 26 and to attend a breakfast from 8 to 11 a.m. Memorial Day.
In other business council
• Heard the Water Treatment Plant Improvement Project should be finished by the first of August and bid openings for the repairs on the water tower tank are noon, May 15.
• Learned Spring clean-up went well with more than 256 tons of trash taken from the village to the landfill in April.
• Approved Chris Francis as a firefighter.
• Heard that in recognition of EMS Week, Firelands Ambulance Service is offering a CPR and Stop the Bleed class May 23. Contact Jeff Vanderpool at the station for more information.
• Viewed presentations on the high school Teen Leadership Program as well as housing programs available through WSOS Community Action Programs.
• Changed the regular May 27 meeting to Wednesday, May 29 and set a street workshop for 6:30 p.m. before the regular meeting June 10.