The themes of Tuesday and Wednesday focused on the people who continue to make the school a success.
The theme for Tuesday was “Rooted in the Legacy” of the school families and alumni. As a thank-you to the parents, students made a hand-print keepsake for their parents and wrote what legacy they wanted to create. A thank-you also was sent out to alumni acknowledging their achievement to the rich, tradition-filled history of St. Paul.
Wednesday's theme was “Rooted in the Legacy” of staff and supporters. An all-school Mass was celebrated.
To celebrate the 25th year of the Friends for the Future campaign, supporters of this annual campaign were invited to celebrate Mass with the student body.
The annual recognition of service took place afterward. The following employees were honored for their dedication and years of service to the schools:
• Tom Baker (NCS teacher, 25)
• Angela Bovia (cafeteria, 15)
• Charles Fritz (housekeeping, 10)
• Julie Grine (tuition manager, 15)
• Martin Hanke (NCS teacher, 10)
• Duane Kluding (housekeeping, 15)
• Maria Livengood (NCS administrative assistant, 10)
• Sandra Nickoli (St. Paul teacher, 20)
• Gail Reynolds (NCS teacher, 10)
• Sister Carolyn Schaffer (NCS teacher, 35)
• James Swabley (St. Paul teacher, 45)
• Grace Whitehurst (St. Paul administrative assistant, 25)
This list is just a sampling of the numerous people who work hard every day to make sure St. Paul and NCS students are a success.