logo


no avatar

Scott Baio facing new allegations of abuse from second ‘Charles in Charge’ actor

By Nicole Bitette and Kate Feldman • Feb 9, 2018 at 2:00 PM

“Charles in Charge” actor Alexander Polinsky is accusing Scott Baio of abusive behavior on the set of the 1980s sitcom.

Polinsky, who played Adam Powell on the series, said in a statement to The Talk that Baio called him “various homophobic slurs” after he walked in on Baio’s inappropriate behavior with co-star Nicole Eggert, who is accusing the “Happy Days” star of molesting her as a teen.

Polinsky, previously came to Eggert’s defense on Twitter admitting he was also abused by Baio, though not sexually, but later deleted his tweet.

“Working on the set of ‘Charles in Charge’ from age 11 to 15 was no picnic. It was a toxic environment. I witnessed Scott Baio acting inappropriately towards Nicole Eggert during my first year of working on the show,” Polinsky’s statement to “The Talk” read.

“I walked in on them together behind the set. Nicole was on Scott’s lap and he did not appreciate my intrusion. He yelled at me and called me various homophobic slurs.”

Eggert said on “The Talk” that Polinsky joined her when she filed her report against Baio on Tuesday and that 10 other witnesses have allegedly made statements in support.

“I want him to admit it,” she said. “The sooner you come clean, the sooner it goes away and you can move on with your life.”

In January, Eggert accused Baio of digitally penetrating her when she was 14 and continuing to molest her until they had intercourse when she was still a minor at age 17.

Baio admitted having a sexual encounter with Eggert, but stands by the fact she was 18 when it occurred. He also denied ever molesting her during her teenage years.

“I remember her calling me and asking me to come over and coming in my house one time, and seducing me,” he said in a Facebook Live video. “Any normal heterosexual, red-blooded American guy, the outcome would have been the same.”

He said her allegations are “100 percent lies.”

* * *

Nicole Eggert considered killing herself after Scott Baio allegedly abused her

Nicole Eggert claims she came close to desperate measures during the years when co-star Scott Baio was allegedly abusing her.

The “Charles in Charge” actress, who claims Baio sexually assaulted her between the ages of 14 and 17, told Entertainment Tonight she contemplated suicide when she was 15.

“I was 15 years old standing on the bridge over the L.A. River at Ventura and Vineland in Studio City, and I looked down at that dry river bed and I’m sobbing, I’m sobbing,” she said. “I’m sobbing and I looked at it, and I said to myself, ‘It’s not a legit bridge, you’re not going to die, you’re going to break a lot of bones and you’re not even going to kill yourself. Get home.’ You know, crying even harder, because, like, ‘You idiot, what were you just thinking?’ But you are lost, and hormones are going and raging, and just sexual hormones, you know? Growing hormones.”

On Tuesday, Eggert filed a police report with Los Angeles police against Scott Baio, her lawyer, Lisa Bloom, told the Daily News.

In late January, Eggert accused Baio of digitally penetrating her when she was 14, and said the alleged assaults continued for several years, including sexual intercourse when she was 17.

“I was a willing participant to an extent. There was a lot of manipulation that went into it. It wasn’t a hold me down rape me situation, but I was 17,” Eggert said a few days later on Megyn Kelly’s talk show.

Baio denied her allegations, calling them “100 percent lies” and said that the encounter was consensual.

“I remember her calling me and asking me to come over and coming in my house one time, and seducing me,” he said in a Facebook live video. “Any normal heterosexual, red-blooded American guy, the outcome would have been the same.”

Eggert also claimed that Baio physically abused when she told him she wanted to date boys her age.

“It started with shaming — fat shaming me all the time,” she told ET. “(He told me to) stay away from craft service. You know, ‘Everybody watch out! Nicole, don’t go near craft service!’ … And then it became physical — grabbing me by the hair, dragging me around, pushing me, tripping me.”

“Charles in Charge” co-star Alexander Polinsky confirmed Eggert’s claims Wednesday when she appeared on “The Talk.”

“Working on the set of ‘Charles in Charge’ from age 11 to 15 was no picnic; it was a toxic environment,” Polinsky said in a statement read by longtime friend and “Talk” host Sara Gilbert.

“I witnessed Scott Baio acting inappropriately towards Nicole Eggert during my first year of working on the show. I walked in on them together behind the set. Nicole was on Scott’s lap and he did not appreciate my intrusion. He yelled at me and called me various homophobic slurs.”

———

©2018 New York Daily News

Visit New York Daily News at www.nydailynews.com

Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.

Recommended for You