“Even though the event was mesmerizing, I managed to get some pretty good shots in the 2 1/2 minutes,” he said.
Above are five of the pictures he shot. From first to fourth, here are his descriptions of them:
• “The first is my composite of the sun's corona during totality. Six different shots stacked in Adobe Photoshop to show the fine detail from the surface of the sun outward.”
• “Second up is my single best corona shot.”
• “Third is my best shot of the solar prominences!”
• The fourth one is a “wide angle shot showing the ‘diamond ring effect.’”
• Finally, the final composite.
Adkins emailed these pictures to the Reflector a few days after the event. He apologized for the tardiness, saying he “would have got them to you earlier, but the traffic — and the processing!”