Mike Moore received an apple pie Friday afternoon at the organization’s first meeting of 2017.
Samantha (Ludwig) Wilhelm will replace Moore as the president for 2017. She is a Norwalk city councilwoman.
The United Fund’s 19th annual Winter Sweater Drive is going on through February. Clean out your closet and donate your sweaters. You can drop off your gently-used sweaters at the office, 2 E. Seminary St. in Norwalk.
The schedule of events for 2017 was released, highlighted by the following:
• Feb. 23 — Steak Feed & Auction. The event will be held from 6 to 9 p.m. Feb. 23 at Bronson-Norwalk Conservation Club. Tickets are $40 per person or $70 for two. Steaks or salmon will be cooked to order on the grill and a benefit auction will follow. If interested in tickets, call the office at 419-668-0269.
• Feb. 25 — Chamber Home & Business Show at Norwalk Middle School. The United Fund will serve lunch at the annual event.
• April 27 — Tool Time with the United Fund. The annual event will be held in the Pickworth Building at the Huron County Fairgrounds. Tickets for the event and the grand-prize drawing are available at the United Fund office.
Dine Out for the FUNd of It is back. A portion of the day’s sales will go toward the 2017 Community Campaign to help 37 local programs and grants.
Here is the schedule:
• Wednesday — East of Chicago, Norwalk.
• Jan. 18 — Bohemian Wrapsody.
• Jan. 25 — Pean’s Pizza, Monroeville (4 to 10 p.m.).
• Feb. 1 — Brew Pot, Wakeman.
• Feb. 8 — Pizza Post.
• Feb. 15 — Wakeman Elevator Craft Beer and Wine Barn.
• Feb. 22 — Marco’s Pizza (now has seating).
• March 1 — The Freight House Pub & Grill.
• March 8 — Bluto’s.
• March 15 — Jimmy’s Backyard BBQ.
• March 22 — East of Chicago, Norwalk.
• March 29 — Bohemian Wrapsody.
• April 5 — Cameo at the Creek.