The rate for the manager will be between $10 to $15 an hour. Michelle Collins was chosen as manager for the season, starting at $10 an hour, which will rise to $11 after she has completed her probationary period of three months. The range for the police chief will be $22 to $25 an hour, which does not affect his current rate of $23.08.
The Reservoir Park campground opens April 21 and the water at both parks has been turned on. Council approved the parks brochure pricing, refunds and discounts.
In other business council:
• Passed an emergency resolution directing CSX Transportation to “immediately” repair the West Main St. crossing.
• Tabled the third reading on a water rate ordinance.
• Approved Jacob Paynter and Steven Woolf as fire department volunteers.
• Approved the purchase of a used vacuum truck at a cost not to exceed $25,000.
• Reminded residents spring clean-up is the last week in April, and dumpsters are available at the village garage for spring cleaning trash. Hydrants are flushed each Wednesday and Thursday this month.
• Agreed to have the CSX Fund absorb $11,591 of the cost of overruns and other expenses for the Terry Wilson Memorial Deck. The Rotary and CIC clubs that planned and executed the project still owe $17,998.
• Scheduled a workshop with the zoning and planning commission for 6 p.m. April 24.