no avatar

Stove burner causes kitchen fire

By COURTNEY BROWN • Updated Jul 25, 2017 at 10:48 PM

A small kitchen fire Monday afternoon at 79 N. Prospect St. caused about $500 worth of damage.

Someone at the residence left a stove burner on and that started the fire, according to the report. Firefighters were on scene at 4:38 p.m.

All of the residents already were outside by the time firefighters arrived. Firefighters extinguished the fire and ventilated the house.

The damages were all done to contents in the house. There was no property damage.

Firefighters were back at the station by 5:23 p.m.

Recommended for You

    Norwalk Reflector Videos