Flames claim family's house, belongings, dog
A grease fire in the kitchen resulted in a blaze that consumed this house at 9085 Ohio 113 in Berlin Township on Wednesday evening. The mother and her son escaped the house with two of their dogs. However, one German shepherd and a pet snake died.
One of Norwalk’s most prominent bankers purchased home in 1848 and it has been in the family ever since.
Today’s high winds and rains have caused a number of power outages in our area.
Crews from Townsend Township, Norwalk and Berlin Township fought the blaze at Hartland Center Road.
The Norwalk Fire Department responded to slightly less than 1,800 incidents last year.
Teen and dogs escape unharmed; New London crew fights two house fires in two days.
Driver ‘cut out of the vehicle’ by firefighters.
$8,657.50 being used to purchase one 30-pound capacity extractor/washer with base, 18 pairs of washable gloves and 18 barrier hoods.
The fatal fire in Norwalk created unimaginable loss and grief for the family. But it took a toll on everyone who was there to fight it.
Reflector reporter discusses impact of fatal fire in Norwalk.
“She showed us what it means to love your child so much you would risk your own life for them.”
The 2017 Spartan engine, which cost $436,027, arrived at the station Friday.
Two dogs, including an older one used for therapy, also were killed.
Man closes apartment door and refuses to answer again.