In other action, the board also:
• Accepted the following resignations: Deborah Linder (retirement effective July 19 as a 10-month high school secretary); Lyle Falknor (as-needed, part-time security); Frank Gioffre (CBI/Fast Forward instructor effective at the end of the 2018-2019 school year for retirement); and Kathy Reward (part-time secretary effective at the end of the 2017-2018 school year contract).
• Employed Falknor, of Bellevue, as a substitute teacher on an as-needed basis for the 2018-2019 school year.
• Accepted the resignation of Kim Butts, of Sandusky, as a substitute general-maintenance employee and her as part-time general maintenance employee effective Aug. 20, 2018 through June 30, 2019.
• Accepted the resignation of Angela Woodyard, of Norwalk, as an as-needed, high school substitute teacher and employed her as a 10-month secretary effective Aug. 2, 2018 through July 31, 2019.
• Accepted the resignation of Benjamin Smith, of Milan, as a summer technology assistant and employed him as a part-time adult education secretary effective Aug. 9 2018 through June 30, 2019.
• Approved a revised benefit sheet and substitute pay rate.
• Employed the following people as part-time adult education instructors on an as-needed basis: Genna Blakley, of Port Clinton (from July 23, 2018 through June 30, 2019); and Brenda Kraus, of Norwalk (from August 9, 2018 through June 30, 2019).
• Employed Linda Hohler, of Norwalk, as a substitute secretary on an as-needed basis from 2018-2019.
• Accepted various donations and approved professional leaves.
• Appointed Terri Jones as the Title VI, Title IX, Section 504 ADA coordinator, sexual harassment grievance officer and suspension appeal hearing officer for the 2018-2019 school year.
• Appointed Paul Lockwood as a delegate and Carole Kuns an alternate to attend the 2018 OSBA annual business beeting.
• Approved the agreement for civil English services with ESA Engineers, Surveyors & Associates, LLC.
The next board meeting will take place at 10 a.m. Sept. 12.