Eric Yetter, a graduate of Western Reserve High School and Bluffton College. is leaving Crestview Middle School where he has been the principal for eight years. His starting salary is $82,500 and his contract is effective Aug. 1 through July 31, 2021.
In other personnel matters Monday, the board of education approved one-year contracts for special education teachers Abigail Skolnik and Jasmine Kohne. A health aide position was eliminated.
Superintendent Brad Romano presented the second semester bullying report and said there were “no significant spikes” in incidents from the first semester. He also discussed communication with bus drivers while on the road, technology and the state assessments, which will be on July’s agenda.
In other business the board approved:
• The library’s request for a 1-mill levy to be on the November ballot.
• The establishment of the Deven Phillips Memorial Scholarship.
• An agreement with University Hospitals Health Systems to provide registered nurse/school nursing services.
• A contract with Stanley Securities for $49,181 for security services.
• Middle and high school fees.
• An agreement with Great Lakes Biomedical for student drug testing.