Each year, BCSN celebrates the best and brightest student in Erie County for their talents and achievements. Johnson learned of his award Thursday at Sandusky Yacht Club.
Johnston was chosen out of seven students who were named Scholars of the Month from November through May. Each Scholar of the Month receives a one-time scholarship of $1,000 to an accredited school of higher education in the United States. The Scholar of the Year receives a scholarship valued at $8,000.
"We really look forward to this night of recognizing and rewarding excellence among area students," said Marc Jaromin, General Manager of BCSN. "We are privileged to witness the commitment and dedication shown by these talented high school students," he adds.
Johnston plans to attend the University of Toledo, majoring in Computer Science and Engineering. He is a member of the National Honor Society, French National Honor Society, French Club, Key Club, and Math Club. Johnston has also been a member of the Varsity Soccer, Varsity Bowling, and Varsity Tennis teams at Edison.
Below are all of the nominees:
• Bryan Johnston, Edison High School - November
• Molly Franklin, Sandusky High School - December
• Tia Harper, Sandusky High School - January
• Dawson Varuola, Sandusky High School - February
• Sammy Smith, Perkins High School - March
• Carlie Shover, Edison High School - April
• Nick Lombardi, Edison High School – May
Local sponsors of the program include Chet & Matt's Pizza, Dewey Furniture, Firelands Regional Medical Center, Hoty Enterprises and Kasper Toyota.