The board employed the following adult education instructors: Lea Friend, of Wakeman, as a part-time instructor on an as-needed basis from June 4 through 30; and Joshua Ott, of Norwalk, as a part-time instructor on an as-needed basis from May 9 through June 30.
For the 2018-2019 school year, the board approved the following as-needed contracts: Regular part-time adult education, part-time adult education, substitute aides, bus drivers, cafeteria workers, general maintenance, security and teacher contracts. The board also approved contracts for summer help general maintenance workers and technology assistant as well as approved supplemental contracts and extended contract days.
In other action, the board:
• Established a contract status for those with expiring contracts and non-renewed contracts for grants staff for 2108-2019.
• Accepted the resignation of regular part-time adult education instructors Ashley Too effective May 31 and Mary B. Stiller effective May 1.
• Accepted the resignation of Patricia Clark as a part-time educational aide effective the end of the 2017-2018 school year.
• Approved donations and professional leaves and authorized Elizabeth Becher to participate in the Byrl R. Shoemaker Leadership CTE Institute for the 20108-2019 school year.
• Approved the provided five-year forecast and accompanying assumptions for fiscal years 2018 through 2022.