The students competed and earned second out of 23 teams in the state conference and the upcoming national competition with will take place in Orlando on June 21 to 24.
In other action, the board:
• Employed the following adult education Instructors on a part-time basis when needed: Teresa Crawford, of Nova; Jennifer Geary, of Willard; Amanda Mitchell, of Lorain; and Joanna Vila, of Amherst.
• Employed Dennis Thompson, of Norwalk, as a general maintenance substitute on an as-needed basis.
• Accepted the resignation of Alaina Gibson as general maintenance substitute aand Angela Hainline as adult education regular part-time career adviser.
• Amended the contract for Daniel Grine, of Collins, from part-time adult education instructor as needed to part-time adult education classroom aide as needed.
• Approved stipends, established contract status for those with expiring contracts and non-renewed 2017-2018 supplemental contracts.
• Accepted the resignation of Jodi Parkhurst as part-time (three hours) cafeteria worker and employed Jodi Parkhurst as part-time (five hours) cafeteria worker and the resignation of Kimberly Sines as cafeteria substitute as needed and employed Kimberly Sines as part-time (three hours) cafeteria worker.
• Accepted various donations and approved professional leaves.
• Adopted the 2018-2019 school year calendar and approved the high school summer 2018 professional development plan:
GRADING PERIODS TOTAL: 173 DAYS
1st Qtr. 46 Days Ends 10/26
2nd Qtr. 42 Days Ends 1/10
3rd Qtr. 49 Days Ends 3/27
4th Qtr. 36 Days Ends 5/23
HOLIDAYS: Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, M.L. King, Jr. Day, Presidents’ Day, Memorial Day, July 4
Teacher Professional Development Days: August 15, 16, 17, September 28, October 12, November 26, January 28, March 8 and 1⁄2 days on January 11, May 24
First Teacher Prof. Dev. Days: Aug.15-17
5-Hour In-Service Day: Aug. 20
New Student First Day: Aug. 21
Returning Student First Day: Aug. 22
Teacher Prof. Dev Day: Sept. 28
Teacher Prof. Dev Day: Oct. 12
Teacher Prof. Dev Day: Nov. 26
1⁄2 Teacher Prof. Dev Day: Jan. 11
Teacher Prof. Dev Day: Jan 28
Teacher Prof. Dev Day: Mar. 8
Last Student Day: May 23
Last 1⁄2 Teacher Day: May 24
Teacher Prof. Dev Days Aug.15-17
5-Hour In-Service Day August 20
Labor Day September 3
Teacher Prof. Dev Day September 28
Teacher Prof. Dev Day October 12
Thanksgiving Break Nov.21-23
Teacher Prof. Dev Day Nov. 26
Winter Break Dec.24 - Jan. 2
1⁄2 Teacher Prof. Dev Day January 11
Martin L. King, Jr. Day January 21
Teacher Prof. Dev Day January 28
Presidents’ Day February 18
Teacher Prof. Dev Day March 8
Spring Break Mar. 28-Apr. 1
Easter Break April 19-22
Senior Recognition May 21
Memorial Day May 27
October 9 3:30 – 6:30 pm
October 11 3:30 – 6:30 pm
March 5 3:30 – 6:30 pm
March 7 3:30 – 6:30 pm
8th Grade Career Fair Sept. 24 – Oct. 5
Fall Open House Oct. 7
Sophomore Visitation Nov. 6 – Nov. 8
Open House PM Nov. 8
SkillsUSA Regionals Feb. 15
SkillsUSA State April 8-9
In the event additional days need to be made up, days will be added the last week of May to the school year followed by a 1⁄2 Teacher Day.