New London Local Schools
FTMC grant money to go toward NL Elementary library redesign
By ELLEN SIMMONS
Mar 7, 2018 at 9:00 PM
NEW LONDON — New London Local Schools has been awarded $4,000 from Fisher-Titus Medical Center, as one of nine local schools to receive a total of $36,000 to be used to support health and science education.
At the Feb. 27 school board meeting, elementary school Principal Amanda Accavallo discussed the library redesign project that the money will help fund.
The goal of the redesign is to provide students a wide range of resources presented in an environment flexible enough to allow for several activities to take place at the same time.
In other business, the board:
• Named Kennes Keys the varsity football head coach.
• Met the students of the month: Leah McNeely (high school); Jaden Randleman (middle school); and Addison Yetter (elementary).
• Agreed to a contract for group life insurance effective May 1 and approved the College Credit Plus agreement with Lorain Community College.
• Approved the New London Public Library budget and an agreement with Project Lead the Way for STEM curriculum.
• Accepted a donation of historical photos from George Austin, a member of the Norwalk VFW.