Scott A. Rigg, 20, of Norwalk, was sentenced to eight years in prison after being convicted of aggravated burglary, grand theft and breaking and entering.
Five other area residents were sentenced to prison this week.
• Matthew Sweet, 60, of 33 Spring St., Willard, received a 22-month prison term Monday. He pleaded guilty to two counts of trafficking in heroin in exchange for prosecutors dismissing three additional counts.
• Marc B. Barnett, 28, of Ashland, was sentenced to two years in prison. He pleaded guilty Wednesday to one count each of aggravated trafficking in fentanyl in the vicinity of a juvenile, aggravated trafficking in fentanyl and trafficking in heroin. As part of a plea deal, prosecutors dismissed one count of trafficking in heroin.
• Haydee U. Diaz, 33, of 704 Ash St., Wilard, was sentenced to 10 months in prison and 10 months on a probation violation after pleading guilty Wednesday to identity fraud.
• Frederick Hartman, 76, formerly of 762 Exchange Road, New London, was sentenced Wednesday to five years of probation and 90 days in jail on a conviction of one count of felonious assault. He faces an additional 90 days to be scheduled at the discretion of the probation department.
• Eddie Tackett Jr., 27, of 215 Second St., Willard, was sentenced Thursday to 17 months in prison for two counts of aggravated trafficking in carfentanil. He must pay $120 in reimbursement to the Willard Police Department.
In other hearings this week:
• Joseph Chaffee, 27, of 272 Whittlesey Ave., pleaded guilty Wednesday to one count each of domestic violence and endangering children in exchange for the dismissal of one count of assault. He was transported to jail to await his sentencing scheduled for Nov. 15.
• James L. Harmon, 28, of Sandusky, pleaded guilty Thursday to trespassing in habitation. He was transported to jail to await his sentencing scheduled for Nov. 16. His conviction was one count of felonious assault. He was also fined $1,000 and ordered to pay restitution of $75. He isn’t allowed to possess firearms while on probation.
• Joseph W. Lopez, 23, of 240 Whittlesey Ave., was sentenced Thursday to 130 days in jail for a probation violation.
• Carlos Medina, 23, of Norwalk, pleaded guilty Thursday to one count of failure to comply with order or signal of a police officer. As part of a plea deal, prosecutors dismissed one count of grand theft of a motor vehicle. Medina was transported to jail to await his sentencing scheduled for Nov. 16.
•Jimmy L. Samuels Jr., 22, of 23 Newton St., was sentenced Thursday to 90 days in jail to be served at times established by the probation department. He was convicted of one count of theft from a person in a protected class. As part of his three years of probation, he was fined $250 and must pay $360 in restitution.