“The selections are made based on each person’s commitment to honor, dignity and mannerly conduct,” says president Charles Winters. “We feel these ten individuals have distinguished themselves through excellence of character and conduct and applaud them for their contributions to society.”
1. Drew Brees: for exemplary conduct both on and off the field and outstanding contributions to families in need through the Brees Dream Foundation.
2. Justin Thomas: for consistently treating his fans and fellow golfers with respect and kindness.
3. Ed Sheeran: for demonstrating above-and-beyond kindness to his fans year after year.
4. Will Smith: for displaying well-mannered conduct as both a celebrity and father.
5. Lexi Thompson: for demonstrating poise and professionalism in the spotlight.
6. Mark Wahlberg: for being polite to everyone in his path throughout his acting career.
7. Stephen Curry: for responding to a nine-year old fan’s letter with respect and dignity.
8. Trevor Lawrence: for setting an excellent example for today’s youth as an athlete and leader.
9. Zendaya Coleman: for inspiring and being a role model to young people.
10. Jalen Hurts: for demonstrating exemplary character through a challenging transition.
The National League of Junior Cotillions would like to formally recognize the late Billy Graham and the late George H. W. Bush for their exemplary conduct and contributions to society over their lifetimes.
Cotillion students and directors nationwide nominate individuals for the “Ten Best- Mannered People” award each year.
The National League of Junior Cotillions (1-800-633-7947) is headquartered in Charlotte, N.C. and has licensed chapters throughout the United States. It hosts the popular cotillion website and etiquette blog (www.nljc.com). Part of the mission of NLJC is to continue to grow the spirit of politeness, applications or nominations for cotillion directors are currently being received.