Annually, more than 125 Northeast Ohio artists contribute to the live/silent art auction at this annual benefit to support Cleveland's animals in need.
In 2017, the Cleveland Animal Care & Control (CACC) took in more 3,400 dogs. Each year, Friends of the Cleveland Kennel funds nearly $80,000 towards life-saving and general care of homeless dogs at Cleveland Animal Care & Control. This funding includes programming expenses and medical care for the City Dogs adoption program facilitated by CACC.
This program is an innovative approach to adopting out mostly bully breed type dogs, which are the highest population of breed in most shelters across the county. This program cares for over 90 adoptable dogs at a time, many needing lifesaving medical care which is funded by Friends of the Cleveland Kennel.
All adoptable dogs can be viewed at www.petango.com/cacc.
The 2018 event features:
• Event emcee Dawn Kendrick, WKYC Channel 3 news anchor and animal lover
• New venue at the beautiful and historic Cleveland Grays Armory Museum, located in the heart of downtown Cleveland
• Live auction of custom-designed fiberglass dogs and cats by 16 renowned Cleveland artists.
• Silent auction featuring more than 150 local, diverse pieces of work including photography, paintings, sculptures, jewelry and more.
• Individual works of art from locally and nationally recognized artists including: Greg Murray, Loren Naji, Michael Greenwald, Karen Sandstrom, Scott Pickering, Jen Doss, Dana Depew, Douglas Max Utter, Kristen Cliffel and many others.
• The event will utilize mobile bidding by 501 Auctions. Bidding for (silent) auctions is made easier, accessible and hassle-free
Tickets are $50 at the door; pre-sale tickets for $40 are exclusively online at https://www.501auctions.com/artfuranimals. VIP tickets are available for $125, with a limited quantity available.
• General admission includes two complimentary drinks
• Chances to win incredible raffle baskets valued at more than $100 each
• Assortment of appetizers and desserts, great wine and beer served.
• Local pop-up food stands from local favorite Rudy’s Strudel & Bakery & Bonefish Grille
• Music all night provided by DJ Funk-Shway
• VIP admission includes early event entry, limited edition screen print by artist Michael Greenwald
• Private VIP lounge area with signature drink and special food menu, five complimentary drinks and complimentary onsite parking.
The “Art Fur Animals” Benefit and Auction runs from 6 to 10 p.m. May 19 at the Cleveland Grays Armory Museum, 1234 Bolivar Road, Cleveland. For more information or to reserve tickets, visit www.friendsofclevelandkennel.com or email [email protected]