Local museums, filled with relevant community and national history, are no exception. Here’s a list of local museums and what they have planned for the big day.
* Thomas Edison Birthplace Museum, at 9 N. Edison Drive, Milan, will be offering free admission, tours and activities from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Children are invited to participate in free light bulb crafts and hands-on Edison science activities.
* The Milan Museum, at 10 N. Edison Drive, Milan, will celebrate from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. by hosting the Imagination Station Forces and Motion program. All activities and museum admissions are free. Discover both the science and the scientists behind some of the world’s greatest inventions, and put their knowledge of motion to work building roller coasters, launching film canister rockets, creating button flywheels and much more.
* Firelands Museum in Norwalk will be open from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and the special admission price is $1. The Firelands Museum is located at 4 Case Ave.
* The North Fairfield Firelands Historical Association, located at 865 Townline Road 131 East, North Fairfield, will, as always, offer free admission to its museum.
* Plymouth Area Historical Society Museum, located at 7 E. Main Street, Plymouth, will be open by appointment Saturday.
* The Merry-Go-Round Museum in Sandusky will celebrate from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. with free admission and $1 carousel rides. Each child that visits will also receive a free coloring book.