The foundation’s Action & Awareness Grants focused on four core areas: economic development, education, environment and the human-animal bond. The grant amounts ranged from $2,000 to $3,000. Supported by Ohio Farm Bureau Federation, the foundation is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit, public, charitable organization registered in Ohio.
Grant recipients and projects:
• Acres of Adventure for its Ag Career Exploration Area, which will highlight career opportunities in agricultural fields such as ag technology, plant science, natural resources, biotechnology, ag business, food science and ag mechanics.
• Bowling Green State University for its Kids’ Tech University program, which sparks students’ interest in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math). This year’s featured speaker will focus on the science of plant nutrient uptake and assimilation.
• Muskingum Soil & Water Conservation District to help it build upon its farm-to-school project with Zanesville City Schools.
• Ohio Energy Project to help fund two professional development workshops that give teachers behind-the-scenes access to the energy industry.
• Ohio State University Foundation to support its efforts to promote and provide resources for Ohio food processors.
• Seneca Soil & Water Conservation District for mobile video technology that will reinforce agriculture and conservation lessons for those who visit its conservation farms.
The next round of funding for Action & Awareness grants is now open. To apply, visit https://ofbf.org/foundation/aagrants/.