Stutzman Farms issues food recall
May 6, 2016 at 3:24 PM
MILLERSBURG — Stutzman Farms of Millersburg is voluntarily recalling its Savory Sprouted Spelt Crackers, Organic Puffed Spelt, Organic Spelt Berries, Organic Rolled Spelt and Organic Spelt Bran due to an undeclared wheat allergen.
The following products are subject to this recall:
- Savory Sprouted Spelt Crackers (sold in .30 lb. packages)
- Organic Puffed Spelt (sold in .62 lb., .25 lb., 1.16 lb., and 6 lb. packages)
- Organic Spelt Berries (sold in 2 lb., 5 lb., 10 lb., 25 lb., and 50 lb. packages)
- Organic Rolled Spelt (sold in 1.5 lb., 4 lb., 8 lb., and 25 lb. packages)
- Organic Spelt Bran (sold in 1 lb. and 3 lb. packages)
Products were sold directly to retailers and distributors in Ohio and Pennsylvania. All lots of product prepared, sold, or distributed from Stutzman Farms with a sell by date through September 2, 2016 have been voluntarily recalled.
There are no reported illnesses to date associated with this recall. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to wheat run the risk of a serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products. The product is safe for consumption by those who do not have serious wheat allergies.
Stutzman Farms became aware of the issue for the items after it was brought to its attention by the Ohio Department of Agriculture. The product labels for the milling items, which contain spelt, omitted wheat as an allergen.
Customers with a wheat allergy who have purchased the affected product should dispose of it or return it to Stutzman Farms for a refund. Customers with questions may call Stutzman Farms at 330-6774-1289 extension 2 and leave a message.